Technical Theater Presentations
Broaching the subject…
- What is the best solution for your application?
- Should you run in a second off-line operation, process in your machine, or job it out?
- Is your machine able and/or capable of doing what is needed on your component?
- Does your component allow for a broaching option?
Show and Tell: Driving “Preferred Supplier” Status for Your Business
- Data on Tap: Before a business can provide open access to information, they first need to ensure that the data they make available to the customer is comprehensive and accurate.
- The Portal Principle: Access to information is being driven to a self-serve model where systems today enable business data analysts and power users to develop views of the data that can be consumed and used by all.
- Web Services: Manufacturers should consider adopting technology built on 100-percent service oriented architecture (SOA), where Web services enable access to every function, from the first sales order to the final invoice.
- Bypass Manual Processing: Customers that electronically communicate through Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), vendors understand the involved complexity and costs. Reducing manual entry can help in their own enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, but the speed at which they can respond to the latest changes in demand on the plant floor is the real benefit.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
10:00a.m.: PartMaker Inc., A Division of Delcam Plc, Hanan Fishman, President
A Primer on the Use of Solid Models for Manufacturing: Buzzwords, Benefits and Potential Pitfalls
- Solid Modeling Basics
- The Benefits of Working with Solid Models
- The data translation problem
- Data Repair and Direct Modeling
Broaching the Subject: Tips and Tricks for Rotary Broaching Success
Machinability of Cold Finished Steel Bars and the Cold Finisher
Corey Steel is one of the leading producers of machining bar in the United States. We will be discussing Corey Steel as a manufacturer of machining bar as well as the important attributes of a good machining bar.
1:00p.m.: Sandvik Coromant, Product Manager for Small Part Machining, Patrick Loughney
The power of Precision, just as high pressure can turn coal into diamonds, it can turn your machining into a gold mine. High pressure coolant significantly improves chip control, allowing unmanned production, increased speeds, 50% more tool life and more...
Thursday, April 18, 2013
The Dollars and Cents of Chip and Fluid Collection and Processing; From Point of Generation to Recycle and Reuse
Does This School Have the Formula for Manufacturing Education?
A high school in Wisconsin runs its manufacturing vocational program as a business. Students make parts for paying customers. The program is thriving, cash flow is strong, and local manufacturers can now hire recent graduates who already have experience in meeting customer demands. Hear Craig Cegeilski, the teacher who created this program, along with a group of his students, talk about how they are making it happen. (See the feature article and video on Modern Machine Shop)